Student Job Opportunities
Student Research Assistant
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research is seeking a graduate student to assist with the preparation and processing of public opinion research data. This position works directly with the archive management team and will assist with ingest and quality review. Click here to learn more and to apply online.
Roper Center Public Opinion Fellow – Graduate Assistantship
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research at Cornell University – the world’s largest public opinion data archive – has one Graduate Assistantship available for the 2019-2020 academic year. Pre and post A-Exam Doctoral candidates matriculated at Cornell University are eligible to apply. Applicants should have experience working with public opinion data. Dissertation research that relates to the study of public opinion is preferred.
Graduate Assistants (GA) at Roper Center contribute to the field of public opinion research, public policy formation, and scholarly collaboration and advancement by supporting the rigorous standards for research data inclusion and dissemination employed by the Center. GAs play an instrumental role in the preparation and processing of archived data. Working directly with the Director of Data Operations and Data Communications, GAs assist with the preparation of new data received from a variety of public opinion sources and the processing of older data requested by the user community.
Duties will most likely include:
- Cleaning and harmonizing data
- Writing syntax to read and translate ASCII data files
- Performing basic statistical analyses
- Proofreading data labels
- Participating in other archive-related projects
- Prior research experience using data
- Knowledge of a statistical package, such as SPSS, SAS, R, or STATA
- Conscientious attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and independent problem-solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Awareness of the purpose and use of metadata
- Prior experience working with a digital data archive or repository
- Experience analyzing public opinion data
- Familiar with the public opinion data
- Spanish language capabilities
Questions or applications including a letter of intent listing at least one faculty reference, current CV and current transcript are due by 5 pm on Friday, November 16th and should be emailed to email@example.com.
Professional Job Opportunities
There are no current job opportunities available. Please check back soon!