As we celebrate our diamond anniversary, the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research at Cornell University truly appreciates your continued support.
While we’ve been around 75 years, we suspect that you haven’t been working with our archive that entire time; but you are one of the most important links between the data we curate in Roper iPoll and the library patrons who access it.
For a long time, we have referred to our campus contacts as “member representatives;” those serving as a conduit for information exchange between the users of the database and the Center itself. More than that, many of you train the users and champion the database to your patrons.
The time has come for us to formally recognize this community of representatives through the Roper Ambassador program.
A Roper Ambassador can claim professional development and earn Roper Center certification to officially proclaim what we’ve known all along—you’re the go-to person for public opinion data and Roper iPoll.
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing opportunities to network with passionate peers, colleagues, and constituents about the resource
- Expand your professional development accomplishments on your resume/CV
- A “Roper Ambassador” badge/graphic to add to your bio, email footer, etc. Download it here!
- Exclusive Roper-hosted receptions during the Association of College and Research Libraries bi-annual conference
- Swag packages, including unique Roper-branded items.
- Easy certification
- Small annual promotional commitment (posting collateral in the library/newsletters, social networks)
- Advocacy to peer networks
- Assist with arranging training webinars for course syllabi
- Include the Roper Ambassador badge in your email auto signature. Download it here!
- Watch the online How to use iPoll video https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/learn/roper-center-tools
We hope that you will consider becoming a Roper Ambassador and help us foster communication across our member and user communities. Please send an email to our Marketing Communication Specialist, Henry Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to be included.